Melvin Henry Center receives numerous antiques and collectible items that are used to create marketable work experiences for individuals willing to volunteer from home and who are seeking hands on experiences in online sales and marketing. Proceeds from the online sale of thrift shop items and unique collectables are used to fund the renovations necessary to begin free and open access to workforce skills training and our accreditation by the National Center for Construction Education Research and Interstate Renewable Energies Council. Current collectible items for sale on line may be found by CLICKING HERE
Volunteer Tasks Include
1. Fill customer orders by packaging sold items and documentation for direct shipping
2. Receive and process payments from customers, using electronic transaction services.
3. Create, manage, or automate orders or invoices, using order management or invoicing software.
4. Deliver e-mail confirmation of completed transactions and shipment.
5. Correspond with online customers via electronic mail, telephone, or other electronic messaging to address questions or complaints about products, policies, or shipping methods.
6. Solicit new or used items from online or physical sources for resale via retail or auction Web site.
7. Determine and set product prices.
8. Calculate purchase subtotals, taxes, and shipping costs for submission to customers.
9. Compose descriptions of merchandise for posting to online storefront, auction sites, or other shopping Web sites.
10. Compose images of products, using video or still cameras, lighting equipment, props, or photo or video editing software.